- by Uruviel 01-08-2006Lost: December 2005 contest 1st place winner!
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by Phoenix39 01-14-2006Lost: December 2005 contest submission. Coming soon to a theater near you...
Rather than a contest to celebrate the holiday season, this month we wanted to end a busy year of vidding with what LVI does best... great videos!
So, inspired by our highest-rated video on the site, and winner of this year's "Best Video" award: "Jack and Kate Movie Trailer" by Lostzilla, which was the first of all the movie trailers to make it to the site, we bring you a true test of vidding. This month's contest... we're making trailers!
The goal is to create a video from Lost footage that advertises the show from a perspective never thought of before, and portrays that idea as if Lost were a movie one would go to see. This can be from an already existing facet of the show, such as one showing the mysteries of the island, or it could be an Alernate Reality video made up by the vidder (also known as "AU"). The video has to sell the viewer, it has to make them want to watch that movie, and most of all: it has to be creative.
Any type of video is welcome here, whether it be horror, comedy, romance, drama, or a completely fabricated Hurley/Danielle coupling, the sky's the limit! The videos will be judged on their creativity, story, originality (for instance, a video copying an existing movie idea may not do as well as a completely original one) sound editing, and how effective the trailer was (did it look like a good movie? Would the viewer want to see it?).
This contest is very general compared to most, so this is your chance to let your creativity soar! We encourage everyone to make a new entry for this contest, but if you must enter a previously-made trailer, then you may do so. However, as Lostzilla has already earned the title of "Best Video of the Year" for his trailer, it is one entry that is out of the running for this contest. Or else, why would we even have a contest?
The RulesContest submissions should be entered through the Submit page and all regular submissions rules apply! The following rules apply only for this contest.
- -Running time must not exceed 2:30.
- -Be creative
- -Video must resemble a professional movie trailer, including opening waiver and credis.
- -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "December 2005 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
- -Please do not use Megaupload or Yousendit to host your files.
- -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.